Best practice by ATC Piemonte Centrale, Italy
The INTEGRA project was born in partnership between the association “Terza Settimana” (The Third Week), ATC Piemonte Centrale and the Municipality of Turin.
It is a model to help ATC’s tenants in the most precarious situations to bear the expenses of their dwellings through the maintenance and decoration of the common areas of the building they are living in. All this is financed with working vouchers, by the Banking Foundation “Compagnia di Sanpaolo”.
Maintenance works, essential to prevent the deterioration in public housing, cannot ignore innovative measures to support the quality of living of the most vulnerable tenants, combining the traditional methods of intervention to new activities focused on increasing the involvement of inhabitants in a perspective horizontal subsidiarity.
The specific objectives are:
- increase employment of people from disadvantaged groups in public housing;
- improve the quality of life and care within the public housing neighbourhoods;
- generate virtuous practices / good practices on tenants’ involvement
- improve supervision and safety in public housing estates.
- build a virtuous model of subsidiarity replicable in another social housing neighbourhood.
Find out more
To find out more on this initiative, please do not hesitate to contact the organisation’s Coordinator through the Members Only Zone.