The Eurhonet General Assembly will take place on 25-26 October 2018 in Birmingham, kindly hosted by our UK member Matrix Housing Partnership.
- The UK and other European countries continue to face difficulties increasing affordable housing supply – seeing increasing house prices, unaffordable homes, impact of welfare reforms leading to increased homelessness – so what are the barriers to increasing housing supply: land availability and condition, austerity, Brexit, undermining confidence in market, Bank of England restrictions on first time buyers, construction labour shortages, build cost inflation – what else?
- How can innovation address this? OSM, different designs, sustainable homes, co-op housing, self-build;
- Get an update on Topic Groups and Task Forces activities and other key initiatives such at the Junior Executive
- Academy and the Exchange Programme and see how they relate to the Eurhonet Business Plan 2018-2019;
- Find out more on our members’ CSR practices and celebrate them with the 2nd Eurhonet CSR Awards ceremony.
To plan your journey to Birmingham:
A detailed programme or our days in Birmingham will be circulated towards the end of August; in the meantime, to start booking your flight, please see below the calendar we set:
- Wednesday 24th October
19.00 – Welcome Dinner
- Thursday 25th October
09.00 to 17.30 – Open conference “Innovation in Housing Supply” (morning) and study visits (afternoon)
19.00 – Dinner with members
- Friday 26th October
09.00 to 12.30 – Ordinary and Extraordinary General Assembly
To book your accommodation – deadline 15th August:
Please note that our hosting member has pre-booked rooms for us at the Hilton Garden Inn Birmingham Brindleyplace, 1 Brunswick Square, Birmingham, B1 2HW.
Preferential rates have been secured with the venue at £135 for single occupancy and £147 for double occupancy per night, with full English breakfast included if you book your room by the 15th August via this link:
To ensure the smooth running of the event, please do not forget to register by filling in this online registration form!