Eurhonet is a European Housing Network headquartered in Brussels with a membership of public and social housing companies from across Europe. We share a common ambition:
- To share what we do well by learning and improving together,
- To grow our skills by developing and responding to our business environment, and
- To advocate and ensure resource availability by raising our profile to better achieve our goals.
To support the delivery of this ambition we are recruiting a full-time Communications and Outreach Officer who will report to Eurhonet’s Managing Director. If successful, you will support our key aims of:
- Promoting Eurhonet as a learning organisation,
- Developing Eurhonet as a community, and
- Building and maintaining partnerships.
About the position
- Role: Communications and Outreach Officer
- Salary: 41.000 € to 57.000 € gross annual salary
- Hours: Full-time, 38 hours per week, Monday-Friday
- Other benefits: lunch vouchers, public transport monthly subscription
- Based: Brussels, with some European travel
- Working language: English
You will lead on the day-to-day external communication of Eurhonet, taking ownership of the key messages to be transmitted across all public channels, including Eurhonet social media accounts, website, press releases and public events.
You will have the unique opportunity to develop a communications approach for the network for a variety of audiences, including a) the European housing associations, b) the broader housing community and c) the wider public.
We expect you to work closely with our members to ensure they are informed about relevant sector trends and Eurhonet events, as well as supporting our Managing Director in the drive for new members.
Specifically, your role and responsibilities will include:
- Contributing to the development of and lead on the implementation of our Communications & Outreach Strategy, ensuring all messaging aligns with our aims and ambitions,
- Introducing our new visual identity,
- Writing, producing and publishing communications in English, such as annual reports, success stories, press releases, e-newsletters and presentations,
- Generating content and manage the content and structure of the Eurhonet website (WordPress),
- Generating content for and manage our social media accounts,
- Generating content for newsletters, press releases and any other distribution channels,
- Publishing appropriate online content to drive up followers/viewers, to raise awareness of Eurhonet, and to develop media plans for Eurhonet events,
- Developing monthly, quarterly, and annual communications/engagement activity reports,
- Supporting the organisation and delivery of online and in person events, and
- Assisting with the administrative tasks associated with the running of the network.
General requirements and skills
Overall, we are looking for a self-motivated communicator, with the confidence to work on their own initiative, and with excellent spoken and written English skills.
Ideally you will have:
- At least 2 years’ experience in a similar role and in an international environment,
- Experience in developing and executing (social) media engagement strategies,
- Experience in engaging stakeholders, such as partner organisations, media representatives and other external bodies,
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal,
- Self-confidence and able to pitch ideas,
- Can work independently and is able to assess when to engage the help of others, and
- Excellent advisory skills and confidence giving advice and information to senior managers.
Nice to have:
- Experience in social housing,
- Higher university degree or equivalent qualifications in communications, journalism, marketing or public relations,
- Experience as web editor and social media manager,
- Advanced knowledge of WordPress, and
- Command of languages other than English (with preference to French, Spanish and Italian).
What we offer
A challenging position and the opportunity to participate in shaping the future of this European housing network. You will experience a diversity of cultures while working in a small team working in an international context.
A salary between 41.000 € and 57.000 € gross annual salary based on a 36 hour working week, depending on relevant experience. Other benefits include a commuting allowance, luncheon vouchers, holiday allowance.
The Eurhonet offices are located in Square de Meeûs 18, 1050, Brussels and are easily accessible by metro (line 2 or 6 – metro stop “Trône” and bus (n. 34, 38, 64, 80, 95 – bus stop “Science”).
Information and application
If you are excited by this opportunity, then we look forward to receiving your application.
Please submit a cover letter that addresses all the required qualifications/skills/competencies, a short CV and two reference contacts to email@example.com.
- You must submit your application before 15th January 2023.
- Shortlisting will take place by the end of January 2023.
- First interviews will take place via Microsoft Teams w/c 13th February.
- Second interviews will take place at Eurhonet offices.