The Young Sustainability Ambassadors projects aims to engage students in sustainability questions. The educational project focuses on the context of the residential area.
What were the benefits of the Young Sustainability Ambassadors programme?
Through education and new experiences, Stångåstaden was able to improve sustainability awareness among its tenants focusing specifically on young people. In addition, the project had an important social benefit for the young people involved, as they gained professional skills which could help in their future job search.
What are the long-term objectives of the Young Sustainability Ambassadors?
It is a long- term perspective, YouSuAL’s objectives are to:
- Reduce the total amount of household garbage per apartment;
- Increase the percentage of recyclable materials per apartment;
- Increase the sense of security and safety amongst tenants in the area;
- Reduce the maintenance costs of Stångåstaden, Tekniska Verken och Linköpings kommun (cost for graffiti removal, cleaning sewers, picking up trash etc.).
- Increase young people’s confidence for the future and for themselves, through offering an educational and active free time where they meet inspiring role models.